BulkLoader is a minimal library written in Actionscript 3 (AS3) that aims to make loading and managing complex loading requirements easier and faster. BulkLoader takes a more dynamic, less architecture heavy aproach. Few imports and making heavy use of AS3's dynamic capabilities, BulkLoader has a one-liner feel that doesn't get in your way.
BulkLoader hides the complexity of loading different data types in AS3 and provides a unified interface for loading, accessing and events notification for different types of content.
This library is licensed under an open source MIT license. Features:
- Connection pooling.
- Unified interface for different loading types.
- Unified progress notification.
- Events for individual items and as groups.
- Stop and resuming individually as well as in bulk.
- Cache management.
- Statistics about loading (latency, speed, average speed).
- Various kinds on progress indication: ratio (items loaded / items to load), bytes , and weighted percentage.
- Configurable number of retries.
- Configurable logging.
- Various assest types (XML, NetStreams, Swfs, Images, Sound, Text Files)
- Minimal imports.
- Few method to learn.
- Consistent interface, regardless of content type.
BulkLoader gracefully handles progress notification in these use cases:
- Few connections to open: bytes total can be used instantly.
- Many connections opened: progress by ratio
- Many connections opened for data of widely varying sizes: progress by weight.